HOLLYWOOD BECH, Fla. (WFLA) — A beach-goer discovered 30 packages of cocaine washed up at Hollywood Beach Monday.
The U.S. Border Patrol’s Miami Sector seized the 78 lbs. of narcotics, valued at over $1 million.
“Thankfully, the 78 lbs. of drugs didn’t make it into our community,” Chief Patrol Agent John R. Modlin said.
Hollywood Beach is roughly 15 miles north of Miami Beach.
- Florida woman stole over $400K from hospitalized cancer patient, report says
- Lightning, Panthers get extra day of rest before back-to-back games
- Battery charge dropped against St. Pete rapper Rod Wave
- Naked Florida man kills 2, injures baby in multi-city crime spree, report says
- Seffner community raising money for family that lost home in fire