(AP) – Florida authorities say a baby has died and three other children not wearing seat belts were thrown from an SUV after it blew a tire.
The vehicle swerved on Interstate 95 in Palm Beach Gardens on Friday and then flipped several times.
A report from the Florida Highway Patrol does not say whether the 23-year-old driver was charged.
The baby, along with a 15-year-old girl, 13-year-old boy and 2-year-old girl were all unrestrained and thrown from the vehicle. The youngest children were also not in car seats, which is against the law.
All occupants were taken to to the hospital with serious injuries.
- Tampa nonprofits look to Giving Tuesday to make up for coronavirus losses
- Man shot dead outside Gibsonton gas station
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Chilly start to December, freeze warning for parts of Tampa Bay tonight
- Crooks targeting grandparents, including Tampa police officer’s grandfather
- Brandon neighborhood on edge after weekend shootout caught on camera