TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Florida has launched a new statewide number for reporting tips about crime, according to Attorney General Ashley Moody.
Moody was in her Tampa office on Thursday to announce the launch of **TIPS (8477). The number lets callers report tips from anywhere in the state anonymously.
After dialing the number, callers will be routed to their closest Crime Stoppers office. They’ll also get a text with a link to the Crime Stopper app, P3 Tip, where they can report tips subject to rewards.
“The statewide program, **TIPS, allows citizens to anonymously report crime and collect rewards for tips that lead to an arrest. With these advances to these already successful programs, we hope even more citizens will help solve cases, stop crime and build a Stronger, Safer Florida,” Moody said.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- 2 Pasco students arrested, accused of having gun on school campus
- Connecticut couple accused of forcing child to sleep in closet, kneel on tacks, drink hot sauce
- Tampa Bay law enforcement agencies plan for subtle presence at polls to help combat voter intimidation
- Senate Republicans introduce amendment to prevent ‘packing’ of Supreme Court
- ‘If we were torturing, I’d be in jail’: Owner of America’s scariest haunted house addresses criticism