EVERGLADES (WFLA) — Florida’s native American alligator was caught on camera in the Everglades fighting back against the invasive Burmese python.
It appears Richard Petrosky caught the battle at the tail end, but made sure to get video evidence of the victor before leaving the scene.
The video shows the python laying motionless in the alligator’s jaws.
“With all the news of pythons overwhelming the Everglades ecosystem, it gives us hope to see our native animals fighting back,” Everglades National Park staff posted on Facebook.
- Biden tells appointees: ‘We work for the people’
- Sarasota, Manatee counties to require proof of residency to receive COVID-19 vaccine
- Florida ‘Monkey Whisperer’ charged in illegal wildlife trade
- Agencies say Super Bowl security is constantly evolving, improving to make event safer
- Trump extends Secret Service protection to 14 family members, reports say