WFLA Web Staff - FORT MYERS, Fla. (WFLA) -- The Florida Department of Law Enforcement on Thursday issued an Amber Alert for a 9-year-old girl who vanished from her home last weekend and could be with a man.
Officials say Diana Alvares wasn't in her bed when her mother checked on her early Sunday morning.
Authorities believe she may be with Jorge Guerrero, who is described as a 28-year-old, white/hispanic male and is 5 feet 5 inches tall, weighs 145 pounds and has black hair and brown eyes.
Police say Guerrero has ties to the Orange County and Okeechobee County area.
The pair may be traveling in a tan Chevrolet Malibu, FL tag number 78NHD. On Thursday afternoon, authorities found the vehicle, but did not find Alvares or Guerrero.
The FDLE released the following description of Diana Alvares, who was last seen in the area of Lee County, Florida wearing a short-sleeve shirt and shorts.
- White/hispanic female
- 4 feet 5 inches tall
- 95 pounds
- black hair
- brown eyes
If you have any information on the whereabouts of this child please contact the Lee County Sheriff's Office at 239-477-1000 or 911.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Grieving parents of concertgoer who overdosed want changes at festival
- While You Were Sleeping: Working overnight for Publix
- Drug overdoses suspected in deaths of 2 Tampa concertgoers
- Woman finds human body parts in freezer she bought from neighbor
- Hernando man accused of peeping into teen's window, masturbating
- Hooks with hidden cameras found in women's restrooms in Florida Keys
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines