UPDATE: The Coconut Creek Police Department says Jonathan Gracia was taken into custody in Apopka. Police say the newborn is “preliminary okay” however, the child will be checked out at hospital.
BROWARD COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – An Amber Alert was issued Monday for a 19-day-old boy from Broward County.
Authorities say Joshua Quinteron was last seen in the area of the 4900 block of Fisherman’s Drive in Coconut Creek with 17-year-old Jonathan Garcia.
According to the Coconut Creek Police Department, Garcia forcibly removed his son from his mother. Witnesses say Garcia was seen hitting and shaking the child as he was running away from the scene.
Quinteron was last seen wearing a grey and blue onesie.
Garcia, was last seen wearing a red shirt and blue pants. Garcia has black hair and brown eyes as well as a feather and arrow tattoo on his right forearm and red lips on the left side of his neck.
Garcia is 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighs 150 pounds.
Police say Garcia took an Uber with the child to Oakland Park and was last seen getting out of the Uber with the child near the intersection of NE 10th Avenue and NE 38th Street in Oakland Park.
This is a developing story stick with WFLA for updates
MORE TOP STORIES
- Sonic employees turn the pavement into dance floor for seven-year-old with Downs Syndrome
- Attorney General Moody in Tampa to announce new tool to help Floridians fight crime
- SpaceX launch aborted moments before liftoff
- Chrissy Teigen’s heartbreaking announcement brings awareness to taboo topic of losing a baby
- Veterans Voices: Navy sailor creates nonprofit to bring joy to active duty service members