DELTONA, Fla. (AP) — Amazon is opening its fifth fulfillment center in Florida.
The company announced Thursday it was opening a distribution hub in Deltona, Florida. Deltona is located between Orlando and Daytona Beach along Interstate 4.
The center will need 500 workers, who will earn $15 an hour or more, Amazon said in a statement.
Amazon already employs 13,500 workers in Florida at centers in Miami, Tampa, Orlando and Jacksonville.
The company said it has invested more than $5 billion in Florida through local fulfillment centers and cloud infrastructure, research facilities and compensation to thousands of employees since 2013.
- Former Florida data scientist Rebekah Jones says she tested positive for COVID-19 in jail
- Infamous ‘Trump baby’ blimp to live on in museum after president leaves office
- Bucs Vita Vea may be ready to play in NFC Championship Game
- Super Bowl Experience construction ramps up along Tampa Riverwalk
- Look Younger with Visibly Whiter Teeth in Minutes