OCALA, Fla. (AP) — Authorities in Florida say a 7-year-old boy was struck and killed riding his bicycle by a hit-and-run teenage driver who was later arrested.
The Ocala Star Banner reports Bryce Benson was riding his bicycle in the Florida Highlands, near Ocala when a 17-year-old driver struck him.
Florida Highway Patrol troopers say the car was traveling east on a road while Bryce was riding west, when they collided Friday. The teen did not stop afterward, went home and called his grandfather, who called 911.
Firefighters found the boy lying on the roadway. He was taken to a hospital where he died.
The teenager was arrested and appeared Saturday before a judge, who ordered him to be held in juvenile detention.
- Study: Link between stress and early gray hair
- Spring Hill couple face losing electricity over $3,086 ‘damage’ claim
- ‘She’s just a jerk’: ‘World’s Worst Cat’ up for adoption
- Senators struggling with major issue during Trump impeachment trial — their attention spans
- At DC summit, Illinois mayors seek road solutions