ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WESH)—Fire rescue officials say a half dozen elementary school students in Orange County suffered minor injuries when the school bus they were in was involved in a crash with a car.
Orange County Fire Rescue officials said the crash was reported in the area of Millinockett Lane and Smathers Avenue Avenue a little before 8 :30 a.m.
Firefighters say there were 21 students on the bus at the time.
A woman driving the other vehicle involved, as well as her 1-year-old son, were not hurt.
The Florida Highway Patrol says charges are pending against the car’s driver. Troopers say the car attempted to pass the bus on the left side as the bus slowed down to make a left turn.
- Additional doses of COVID-19 vaccine may be needed to protect against variants, Tampa doctor says
- Couple goes viral after fiancé proposes with five engagement rings
- FEMA’s funeral program overwhelmed by 1 million calls on first day
- ‘Godzilla shark’: 300 million-year-old fossil discovered in New Mexico
- ‘I’m going home’ Colorado police officer on administrative leave after arrest of woman with dementia over $14 theft