(NBC) – Dozens of sea turtles are recovering after becoming cold-stunned in the waters off Cape Cod.
Forty sea turtles arrived to the Florida Keys on Saturday to receive treatment. They are primarily juveniles and are critically endangered Kemp’s ridley sea turtles.
The turtles are undergoing testing to determine treatment and length of rehabilitation. It could take some of them anywhere from 30 days to a year to get back into the ocean.
Once the turtles are ready, they will head to another part of Florida to return to the sea.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- What’s the ‘best state’? Poll ranks U.S. states from best to worst
- 1 hospitalized after small plane makes emergency landing in Venice country club pond
- Food Network recipe for popcorn and mayo salad is going viral
- Tampa Bay Rays clinch series against New York Yankees
- Allergy season is getting longer and more intense