(NBC) – Dozens of sea turtles are recovering after becoming cold-stunned in the waters off Cape Cod.
Forty sea turtles arrived to the Florida Keys on Saturday to receive treatment. They are primarily juveniles and are critically endangered Kemp’s ridley sea turtles.
The turtles are undergoing testing to determine treatment and length of rehabilitation. It could take some of them anywhere from 30 days to a year to get back into the ocean.
Once the turtles are ready, they will head to another part of Florida to return to the sea.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Woman asks for love stories, plans to give away old wedding rings after divorce
- Chocolate recalled after plastic found in products
- Tampa Bay parents concerned after state education leaders send out student performance letters
- Powerball jackpot grows to $730M; Mega Millions to be $850M
- Florida coronavirus: Over 1 million COVID-19 vaccinations administered in the state