FORT MYERS, Fla. – Police arrested two parents accused of leaving their young child locked in a car so they could shop at a Florida Dollar Tree store Thursday.
Fort Myers officers got a call around 10 a.m. reporting a baby left in a vehicle.
Police responded to the Sam’s Club Plaza at 5100 S. Cleveland Ave. and freed the 4-month-old, according to a news release. The officers arrested both for child neglect.
The baby is now under the care of the Department of Children and Families while authorities investigate.
Police didn’t immediately identify the parents.
- Dog rescued after being spotted running in northbound lanes of I-275
- Sarasota Police Chief Bernadette DiPino to resign, effective Friday
- ‘He’s a brave boy’: Police K-9 receives over 100 stitches after being stabbed by man
- The ‘Wolf Moon’ will rise in the sky this week – here’s how you can best view it
- DeSantis: Florida’s statewide COVID-19 vaccine registration site expanding this week