DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) – Two teenagers wanted for questioning in the slaying of an 18-year-old man in Oklahoma have been taken into custody in Daytona Beach.
Police Chief Craig Capri tells The Daytona Beach News-Journal that 18-year-old Robert Emerson Firethunder was captured outside an apartment Wednesday.
His 16-year-old companion was taken into custody after she fled a traffic stop.
Capri says police received information Wednesday about Firethunder’s possible location.
A SWAT team took him into custody without incident as he approached an apartment.
His companion had been declared a missing person by authorities in Creek County, Oklahoma. Both are persons of interest in the slaying of Nicholas Martinez.
Firethunder has outstanding warrants for firearm and DUI charges out of Tulsa, Oklahoma, and is awaiting extradition.
Jail records don’t list a lawyer for him.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Suspect Search: 2 shot by man in Halloween mask during 2 attempted carjackings in Hillsborough
- Tropical Depression 16 shifts west, approaching Nicaragua
- Tampa police seek help finding driver who hit woman, left her to die
- Florida set to execute man who murdered 2 after night of drinking in 1983
- Polk veteran awaiting FEMA help still lives without power weeks after Irma
- Las Vegas shooter had escape plan, rented high-rise condo over different music festival
- Man shot near boat ramp in St. Pete
- Lakeland special needs school suddenly closes, parents not able to get children’s things out
- Couple accused of keeping handicapped woman in shed, selling her for sex