SUMTER COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — Two Florida teens were killed in a crash on US-301 in Sumter County around 8 a.m. Saturday.
The Florida Highway Patrol said a 19-year-old Summerfield man was driving with an 18-year-old female passenger at a high rate of speed northbound on US-301.
As they approached the intersection of CR-216, FHP said the driver lost control of the car and traveled into the median and into the southbound lanes, crashing into a truck.
The two teenagers were killed in the crash. Both were wearing seatbelts.
The two occupants of the other vehicle suffered minor injuries.
- Unusual treatment shows promise for kids with brain tumors
- Sheriff Grady Judd to provide details on fatal officer-involved shooting in Winter Haven
- 5,200 tons of cosmic dust fall to Earth each year
- WATCH: News Channel 8’s Deanne King rides with the Blue Angels
- Apple working on 2 new smart-home products, report says