WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP/WPTV) — A high school student died early Wednesday after she was struck by a school bus in a residential area, the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s said.
According to the agency and crash report, the incident happened around 6:30 a.m. when the school bus had a green light and was making a right turn onto Havervill Road. As the light was changing, 15-year-old Natasha Dwyer entered the crosswalk in front of the bus and was struck and run over.
Deputies say Dwyer was taken to a local hospital as a trauma alert, where she later died.
According to WPTV, fire rescue officials said the teen was trapped underneath the bus and dragged a short distance.
No one else was injured during the crash.
An investigation is currently underway.
- Ronald Jones learning route running tips from Tom Brady
- The best cities for saving money in the U.S.
- Pandemic wrecks global Class of 2020’s hopes for first job
- 10 things you can do to nail your Zoom job interview
- WHO urges public to avoid routine dental cleanings during pandemic