WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP/WPTV) — A high school student died early Wednesday after she was struck by a school bus in a residential area, the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s said.
According to the agency and crash report, the incident happened around 6:30 a.m. when the school bus had a green light and was making a right turn onto Havervill Road. As the light was changing, 15-year-old Natasha Dwyer entered the crosswalk in front of the bus and was struck and run over.
Deputies say Dwyer was taken to a local hospital as a trauma alert, where she later died.
According to WPTV, fire rescue officials said the teen was trapped underneath the bus and dragged a short distance.
No one else was injured during the crash.
An investigation is currently underway.
- Biden set to formally introduce his national security team
- Looking for the new Xbox or PlayStation 5? These sites will alert you when they’re back in stock
- NYC’s first African-American mayor, David Dinkins, dies at 93
- 3 Black Friday and Cyber Monday scams to watch out for
- DNA links death row inmate to cold case murder of Florida mom