POMPANO BEACH, Fla. (WFLA) — One person died after their car collided with a passenger train in Pompano Beach Tuesday morning.
The crash occurred around 10:12 am.
Witnesses told NBC 6 South Florida that the car was struck while trying to navigate around the train warning crossbar near North Dixie Highway and Atlantic Boulevard.
Train passengers were escorted off by firefighters and were directed to nearby charter buses.
- Lawsuit plaintiffs; Regulators ‘asleep at the wheel’ before Piney Point disaster
- GOP Leader McCarthy opposes Jan. 6 commission ahead of vote
- Polk tow company owner accused of shooting, killing customer who was picking up impounded car
- Carlie Brucia’s killer given new sentencing hearing
- Newsfeed Now: Investigation underway after train derailment in Iowa; Trap shooter ready to compete in Olympics