POMPANO BEACH, Fla. (WFLA) — One person died after their car collided with a passenger train in Pompano Beach Tuesday morning.
The crash occurred around 10:12 am.
Witnesses told NBC 6 South Florida that the car was struck while trying to navigate around the train warning crossbar near North Dixie Highway and Atlantic Boulevard.
Train passengers were escorted off by firefighters and were directed to nearby charter buses.
- Eaglets expected to hatch any moment on Florida’s favorite eagle cam
- National Vietnam War Veterans Day: How you can participate in virtual events to honor those who served.
- Coronavirus in Florida: Over 4,000 cases in state, no overnight deaths
- Dr. Fauci warns U.S. could see over 100,000 deaths
- Age is not the only risk for severe coronavirus disease