KEY WEST, Fla. (AP) — A Florida woman has been hospitalized after losing her arm and foot when she was struck by a plane propeller at Key West International Airport.
Monroe County Sheriff’s officials say the woman was a passenger in a private plane on Saturday night. The pilot left the plane while it was running to check on a potential mechanical issue. The unidentified female passenger also exited the plane and walked around to the front when she was struck by the propeller.
Authorities say she was flown to a Miami hospital. Her condition was not known.
No other details were given.
- Child dies after Christmas parade accident in Tennessee
- Tampa Bay motorcycle group pays tribute to young rider killed following collision with HART bus
- North Port police asking for community’s help in identifying sexual battery suspect
- Florida officer charged with violating women’s civil rights
- Utah tosses thousands of gallons of beer after law change