TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida’s unemployment rate is 3.2%, or 0.3 percentage points below the national rate.
The state released figures Friday that show unemployment in September dropping slightly below the 3.3% rate in August.
There were 336,000 unemployed Floridians out of a workforce of 10.4 million people. The state added 11,100 jobs in September.
Monroe County had the lowest unemployment rate at 2%, followed by Okaloosa County at 2.3% and St. Johns County at 2.4%.
Hendry County had the highest unemployment rate at 7.1%, followed by Hardee County at 5.6% and Citrus and Highlands counties at 4.3%.
- Tampa Bay misses out on first WrestleMania due to coronavirus
- US Coast Guard rescues 4 people from overturned boat near Sarasota
- Pro Football Hall of Famer Bobby Mitchell dies at 84
- Coronavirus response: Feeding Tampa Bay partners with celebrity chef for weekly Facebook series
- Search to continue for Kennedy Townsend’s daughter, grandson