Florida saw an all-time record number of visitors for the first half of the year in 2019, Gov. Ron DeSantis said Thursday.
DeSantis said Florida welcomed 68.9 million travelers from January through June this year, the highest number of visitors during any six month period in Florida history.
“Revenue generated by visitors to our state has allowed us to invest in priorities like environmental protection, transportation, and education,” DeSantis tweeted.
The record number of tourists is a 5.6 percent increase over the same time period in 2018 and includes 61.2 million domestic visitors, 5.2 million overseas visitors, and 2.4 million Canadian visitors.
- Police: 8 dead in shooting at FedEx facility in Indianapolis
- Additional doses of COVID-19 vaccine may be needed to protect against variants, Tampa doctor says
- Couple goes viral after fiancé proposes with five engagement rings
- FEMA’s funeral program overwhelmed by 1 million calls on first day
- ‘Godzilla shark’: 300 million-year-old fossil discovered in New Mexico