PANAMA CITY, Fla. (AP) — It would have made for a very interesting show and tell but this little creature didn’t even make it out of its backpack into a Florida classroom.
Bay County School District officials say they found a bearded dragon in a middle school student’s backpack on Monday.
In a Facebook post, the school said they found the stowaway in a fancy designer backpack and put him in a box until an adult could take him home. The school reminded parents to please check their children’s backpacks before sending them out the door so they don’t have any more Jangos at school.
The student said they brought Jango to school because they didn’t want him to be sad home alone all day.
- Pasco deputies searching for driver who offered child ride to school
- New texting scam disguises itself as package tracking notification
- Trump says US will add countries to travel ban
- Video: Inmate punches Hillsborough deputy in the face multiple times
- WATCH: Will Smith goes undercover as Lyft driver in Florida