(WESH) – A Florida real estate developer has demolished an entire community, except for one condominium.
Westgate Properties bought the community and told the residents they would be knocking it all down, but one family said no, and now their condo stands alone.
For Carlos and William Corredor, it’s a sobering sight. The home belongs to their 81-years-old mother. The family says they are victims of Westgate and time-share mogul David Siegel.
“You feel bullied. You go, okay they are powerful , they have a lot of money, and they are going to do whatever they have to do to get you out,” says Carlos Corredor.
Westgate says they are the victims, being held for ransom by the Corredor family.
“He’s really just trying to, unfortunately, push us into paying a lot more than his unit is worth,” says Westgate CEO Mark Waltrip.
Westgate says the contractor will repair the walls of the Corredor family’s unit that were damaged when the rest of the building was demolished, but the two sides find themselves at a strange impasse.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Puppy purchased on Craigslist dies 5 days later
- George Zimmerman auctioning gun used to kill Trayvon Martin
- WWE star arrested in Hillsborough County
- Woman says Florida surgeon gave her tummy tuck instead of butt lift
- St. Pete police warn of smash-and-grab burglaries
- Lab tests find human and rat DNA in burgers
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines