TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (Cap News) -The Florida Secretary of State says all 6,000 precincts opened on time across Florida Tuesday morning with some added security.
The Secretary of State acknowledged the National Guard was on alert.
“Out of an abundance of caution, the Florida National Guard is activating a number of soldiers who will be available to assist the state, standing by to assist local law enforcement and their communities as needed,” said Florida Secretary of State Laurel Lee.
Other states have also taken similar precautions.
LATEST FROM YOUR LOCAL ELECTION HEADQUARTERS:
- Vice President-elect Harris to resign her Senate seat Monday
- Harris to be sworn in by Justice Sotomayor at inauguration
- President Trump: ‘I will not be going to the Inauguration’
- Pence defies Trump, says he can’t reject electoral votes
- Biden to name judge Merrick Garland as attorney general
- Trump, on tape, presses Ga. official to ‘find’ him votes
- Despite Trump’s venting and threats, Biden’s win is sealed
- Trump’s 2020 election challenge not the same as 2000 Florida recount
- Here’s where the Trump campaign lawsuits stand after the race was called for Biden
- How do electors decide who to vote for? Key dates before Inauguration Day