DELTONA, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man previously accused of burning a 3-year-old child is now accused of burning another, this time with boiling water.
Citing a Volusia County sheriff’s statement, news outlets report 47-year-old Terry May was arrested Thursday and charged with child abuse causing great bodily harm.
The statement says the abuse was reported to deputies last month after the 3-year-old boy’s day care instructors noticed a burn on his back. It says an investigation determined that May had burned the child for accidentally peeing on the floor.
It says May was arrested and charged last year in the burning of a 3-year-old girl, but the charge was ultimately not prosecuted. It says a “no information” status was filed in the case last summer. It’s unclear whether he has a lawyer.
- Pinellas Park travel company delays bankruptcy filing, some customers waiting to receive refund
- Florida’s primary is next week and there’s still no CARES Act money
- Tampa teen accused in Twitter hack has used internet to get nearly $1M before, prosecutor says
- 4 US deaths tied to methanol-based hand sanitizers
- Organizers test ‘First Friday’ event in Lakeland, expect hundreds to attend