DELTONA, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man previously accused of burning a 3-year-old child is now accused of burning another, this time with boiling water.
Citing a Volusia County sheriff’s statement, news outlets report 47-year-old Terry May was arrested Thursday and charged with child abuse causing great bodily harm.
The statement says the abuse was reported to deputies last month after the 3-year-old boy’s day care instructors noticed a burn on his back. It says an investigation determined that May had burned the child for accidentally peeing on the floor.
It says May was arrested and charged last year in the burning of a 3-year-old girl, but the charge was ultimately not prosecuted. It says a “no information” status was filed in the case last summer. It’s unclear whether he has a lawyer.
- Gov. DeSantis holds news conference from Florida Publix
- War of words between White House and Gov. DeSantis on vaccine rollout
- Bucs gear sells out overnight as fans rush to purchase Super Bowl souvenirs
- Judge: Charges still stand against pastor Tony Spell for violating COVID-19 crowd limits
- One year ago today: Kobe Bryant, daughter Gianna killed in helicopter crash