DELTONA, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man previously accused of burning a 3-year-old child is now accused of burning another, this time with boiling water.
Citing a Volusia County sheriff’s statement, news outlets report 47-year-old Terry May was arrested Thursday and charged with child abuse causing great bodily harm.
The statement says the abuse was reported to deputies last month after the 3-year-old boy’s day care instructors noticed a burn on his back. It says an investigation determined that May had burned the child for accidentally peeing on the floor.
It says May was arrested and charged last year in the burning of a 3-year-old girl, but the charge was ultimately not prosecuted. It says a “no information” status was filed in the case last summer. It’s unclear whether he has a lawyer.
- Benn’s 2nd goal in OT pushes Dallas Stars past Lightning 3-2
- Petition calls on NBA to change logo in honor of Kobe Bryant
- Murder trial underway for Florida woman killed on vacation
- 12-year-old child among 5 injured in head-on collision in Pasco Co.
- Man sentenced to 1,015 years-to-life on 41 counts of child molestation