SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — Federal officials say a Florida man has been caught trying to go through security at an upstate New York airport with a loaded gun for the second time this month.
The man was arrested Wednesday at Syracuse Hancock International Airport after Transportation Security Administration officers spotted a loaded handgun in his carry-on bag. Officials say the same man was caught with a different loaded handgun on Nov. 6 at the airport in Ithaca.
Both times, he claimed he didn’t know he had his gun with him.
Officials say TSA has authority to assess penalties up to $13,000 for weapons violations.
The man’s name wasn’t released by TSA or Syracuse police.
- Tracking the Tropics: 90% chance system in western Caribbean develops
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal
- Jon Bon Jovi to accompany Joe and Jill Biden in Pennsylvania today
- Obama to campaign for Joe Biden in Florida today
- 115-year-old Confederate monument removed from Alabama courthouse