LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. (AP) — Sheriff’s deputies in Florida arrested a man who was caught on video tackling and punching his dog.
Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno said in a Facebook post that his office was made aware of doorbell video that showed 28-year-old Joshua Schlotmann punching the dog, named Thanos.
Marceno said Schlotmann “delivered three closed-fisted blows” to the dog.
Lee County Domestic Animal Services took custody of the dog.
Marceno said he won’t stand for animal abuse and “will keep throwing these abusers in jail until they get the message.”
- David L. Lander, best known as ‘Squiggy’ on Laverne & Shirley, dies at 73
- College students surprise professor with heartwarming thank you message, video goes viral
- McRib is back for the first time in 8 years
- FDA authorizes first at-home COVID-19 and flu combination test
- Officials: 17th Florida panther struck, killed by vehicle this year