JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (CNN) – Hurricane Dorian is apparently responsible for a number of births in Florida.
Orange Park Medical Center near Jacksonville reported six births as Dorian passed through the area, three on Tuesday and three on Wednesday.
The hospital released a statement saying hurricanes cause low barometric pressure which can bring on labor.
The hospital also said anytime there’s a hurricane in the area, it makes sure their team is ready for an influx of patients.
Staff gave each baby a hurricane-themed onesie to mark their arrival.
Some read, “Category 5 cutie” and “I was in the hurricane evacuation plan.”
- VIDEO: Hurricane Hunters capture stunning images inside Tropical Storm Nestor
- WATCH: Coach disarms school gunman with a hug
- Kathleen Middle School cancels classes to repair storm damage
- Dogs rescued from locked storage unit doing well at Hernando County Animal Services
- Nestor becomes post-tropical, conditions improving for Tampa Bay