JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (CNN) – Hurricane Dorian is apparently responsible for a number of births in Florida.
Orange Park Medical Center near Jacksonville reported six births as Dorian passed through the area, three on Tuesday and three on Wednesday.
The hospital released a statement saying hurricanes cause low barometric pressure which can bring on labor.
The hospital also said anytime there’s a hurricane in the area, it makes sure their team is ready for an influx of patients.
Staff gave each baby a hurricane-themed onesie to mark their arrival.
Some read, “Category 5 cutie” and “I was in the hurricane evacuation plan.”
- SpaceX delays simulated rocket failure due to weather, now targeting Sunday
- By the Numbers: Deadly crash involving school bus in Brooksville rare, but not unusual
- National Winnie the Pooh Day celebrates author’s 137th birthday
- Lottery ticket purchased in Largo wins $205k
- Storm Team 8 Forecast: Last warm and dry day before turning much colder