VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. (WESH) – Authorities in Volusia County are searching for a man who reportedly fled a courthouse before a jury rendered a guilty verdict against him in a robbery case.
Antonio Gearing, 29, was convicted Wednesday of robbing a grocery store in Daytona Beach, but when the jury returned their verdict after 90 minutes of deliberations, he was gone.
A warrant for his arrest has been issued and he could face up to life in prison if convicted.
- Tampa mayor to unveil #BeadFreeBay initiative for Gasparilla
- Motorcyclist killed, 4 others injured in Sarasota crash
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Breezy and warm today; stronger front Saturday
- Study: Weeki Wachee River damaged by crowds and tourism
- Wfla Jurassic World Live Tour sweepstakes