HARPURSVILLE, NY (WFLA) – All good things must come to the end.
It’s time to say goodbye to April the Giraffe and her baby, the second-most famous giraffe in the world, whose name we still don’t know.
Officials with the Animal Adventure Park disabled the giraffe’s live stream today around 4:30 pm Eastern time.
A team of zookeepers brought out a sign that read, “Thank you. To be continued,” and waved goodbye to viewers.
“This decision (to end the stream) was made to allow us to focus on the park and our opening,” Animal Adventure Park posted Monday on Facebook.
April has been a viral sensation since February. Her pregnancy has enthralled millions of viewers who watched as she was gestating and giving birth to her adorable calf.
The giraffe and her calf will be introduced to the public when the park opens next month.
But the rest of us April fans outside of Harpursville must bid adieu.
Goodbye, April and your unnamed baby calf.
In the words of Boyz II Men:
And I’ll take with me the memories
To be my sunshine after the rain
It’s so hard to say goodbye to yesterday
C’est la vie, beautiful mammals.WHAT’S TRENDING ONLINE NOW –
- Great white shark Katharine resurfaces in Vero Beach
- Universal Orlando unveils cabana rentals, premium seating prices for Volcano Bay
- Starbucks color and flavor changing ‘Unicorn Frappuccino’ coming to Tampa Bay
- WATCH: Cincinnati Zoo’s baby hippo Fiona play in the shower
- Food delivery robots may be coming soon
- Drug-sniffing lizard joins Arizona police force
- VIDEO: Tampa Bay community creates PSA for autism awareness