CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – Friday marks one year since Markeis McGlockton was shot and killed outside the Circle A Food Store in Clearwater.
This is the controversial stand your ground case, where Michael Drejka is facing a manslaughter charge after shooting and killing McGlockton following an argument over a handicap parking space.
The shooting happened after Drejka was arguing with McGlockton’s girlfriend over a handicap parking spot.
Surveillance video shows how McGlockton came out of the store and pushed Drejka to the ground, followed by Drejka shooting him. Drejka claimed it was in self-defense.
Family and friends of McGlockton are set to hold a vigil Friday night to honor his memory. It is set to take place at 6:30 p.m. at Mt. Zion Methodist Church in Clearwater.
- Super Bowl champs share stories of being spotted by fans following Super Bowl victory
- Sarasota deputies stop $4.15 million in CARES Act fund fraud
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: More rounds of rain and storms Tuesday
- New Selmon elevated connector officially opens to drivers
- Democrats urge citizens and corporations to fight controversial ‘anti-riot’ bill