CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – Friday marks one year since Markeis McGlockton was shot and killed outside the Circle A Food Store in Clearwater.
This is the controversial stand your ground case, where Michael Drejka is facing a manslaughter charge after shooting and killing McGlockton following an argument over a handicap parking space.
The shooting happened after Drejka was arguing with McGlockton’s girlfriend over a handicap parking spot.
Surveillance video shows how McGlockton came out of the store and pushed Drejka to the ground, followed by Drejka shooting him. Drejka claimed it was in self-defense.
Family and friends of McGlockton are set to hold a vigil Friday night to honor his memory. It is set to take place at 6:30 p.m. at Mt. Zion Methodist Church in Clearwater.
- Sarasota County to offer 2 testing opportunities for residents with symptoms, healthcare workers
- Bowles emphasizes communication, chemistry, and continuity as keys to Bucs defensive success in 2020
- Danny gets frustrated while trying to complete a white puzzle in quarantine
- Sarasota police officer plays basketball with kids while masked
- Boston Marathon canceled for first time in history