CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) – Friday marks one year since Markeis McGlockton was shot and killed outside the Circle A Food Store in Clearwater.
This is the controversial stand your ground case, where Michael Drejka is facing a manslaughter charge after shooting and killing McGlockton following an argument over a handicap parking space.
The shooting happened after Drejka was arguing with McGlockton’s girlfriend over a handicap parking spot.
Surveillance video shows how McGlockton came out of the store and pushed Drejka to the ground, followed by Drejka shooting him. Drejka claimed it was in self-defense.
Family and friends of McGlockton are set to hold a vigil Friday night to honor his memory. It is set to take place at 6:30 p.m. at Mt. Zion Methodist Church in Clearwater.
- Lowe’s homers in 11th, lifts Rays into 2nd wild card
- Groups unite for Bahamas donation blitz
- Mother speaks out following video of alleged animal abuse
- WITH THIS RING: Bucs legend Ronde Barber calls induction the “most meaningful honor”
- FDA: More high blood pressure medications recalled due to cancer risk