NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) – The man accused of raping a 6-year-old girl in New Port Richey faced a judge last week.
Pasco County sheriff’s deputies said a family member caught Terelle Cole Jr., 25, sexually battering the little girl in March. He had his first pretrial hearing on Friday.
Cole’s right to a speedy trial was waived. His next court date is September 26.
Supporters of the victim did not want to speak on camera but told News Channel 8 they want harsh punishment for Cole. The girl’s aunt wants him to be castrated for the crime he’s accused of committing.
Cole ran but was later located after investigators collected physical evidence and spoke to witnesses, according to deputies.
He has pleaded not guilty.
- 2 hospitalized after Tampa barbershop shooting, suspect facing aggravated battery charges
- St. Petersburg churches hold community block party against gun violence
- More than 60 people vaccinated through Tampa’s ‘Vaccy and Vacay’ campaign geared towards Gen Z
- Jill Biden thanks military spouses in Colorado for service
- Hemingway Look-Alike Contest returns to Florida Keys