SALT LAKE CITY (WCMH)-A former teacher in Utah who pleaded guilty to sexual abuse charges defended herself in a written response filed Tuesday in federal court.
Brianne Altice is in prison for having sexual contact with three boys aged 16 and 17, the Austin American-Statesman reported. She filed a two-page response last month after one of the victim’s parents filed a lawsuit against her and the school district. The parents claim the school did nothing when employees complained about Altice’s behavior with students.
Altice, a former English teacher, said the then-16-year-old boy whose parents are suing her would “thwart inappropriate comments directed at her.”
Altice wrote that the teen would come to her for advice on his relationship with his parents. She said she told him “to communicate with his parents and continue to do his best in school.”
She added that during the school year in which she taught him, his grades improved.
KTSU reported that Altice wrote that she “had no evil or malicious intent to cause harm.”
The three boys involved in the case testified in a preliminary hearing that they had sex with Altice.
She pleaded guilty in 2013 to touching three students’ genitals between January and September 2013, and is serving a 2-to-30-year sentence.OTHER TOP CLICKED STORIES PEOPLE ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: Contract worker allegedly hits family’s dogs with wrench
- Cops: Too much music, masturbation caused man to vandalize Largo home
- Mother to give her side of the story in crash that killed 3 teens
- Man accused of using home as a torture chamber
- Man dies after taking ‘super pill’ street drug
- Woman accused of offering sex for $3 to covert cop
- Man killed at Plant City gas station
- Naked man arrested for making threats while watering his lawn
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines