(CNN) – Wells Fargo tells CNN that is has stopped charging fees on student loan payments.
The company says it stopped levying the fees on November 15th.
Wells Fargo told CNN that unpaid past late fees will be waived.
But interest will continue to accrue if no payment is made and late payments will be reported to consumer reporting agencies.
Wells Fargo says the policy includes student loans from other lenders that are a part of a Wells Fargo consolidation loan.
- How to score a McDonald’s cheeseburger for 25 cents Thursday
- Three soldiers killed in upstate NY military helicopter crash
- Uniformed man seen kneeling at Beau Biden’s grave during inauguration
- Springfield youth inspired by the Inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris
- ‘Big mistake’: DeSantis criticizes Biden’s plan for vaccine distribution but can he stop it?