JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (WFLA) — Duval County Superintendent Dr. Diana Greene was a substitute for a third grade class Monday so the teacher could attend the school funding rally in Tallahassee.
The former Manatee County superintendent filled in for Mr. Bell’s third grade class at Gregory Drive Elementary in Jacksonville.
“I just wanted to let teachers know, symbolically, that I’m here to support them,” Greene said. “That I will never forget what it is like to be a teacher.”
During her entire administrative career, Greene said she would always pick at least one day to substitute for a teacher to show her support for her staff.
Greene said being back in a classroom felt like riding a bike.
- 17-year-old Sesame Place worker punched in the face by couple over mask policy, police say
- Disney World ticket is just $49 a day for Florida residents
- Burned bear recovering from severe wildfire burns
- Second stimulus check: Where Biden, Harris stand on COVID payment proposals
- Trump Administration eases showerhead rules after president complains of water flow