HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A driver was nearly three times the legal alcohol limit when he slammed into a home in Town ‘n’ Country on Wednesday, deputies said.
Marcelino Gomez Gomez was driving a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder on Paris Street West around 9 p.m.
Deputies said his vehicle left the roadway and hit a speed limit sign before colliding with a chain-link fence and the concrete barrier wall of a home in the 6100 block of Yorkshire Road.
Deputies said Gomez’ blood-alcohol level was .233 and .231, almost three times the legal limit.
He was arrested for driving under the influence and no valid driver’s license, according to the report.
- School district warns parents of drugs found disguised as popular lunch item
- Defense expert: Floyd died from heart trouble, not restraint
- Missing Child Alert issued for Florida girl, 1
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Warm and breezy today; rainy days ahead
- Democrats to unveil bill to expand US Supreme Court by four justices