HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A driver was nearly three times the legal alcohol limit when he slammed into a home in Town ‘n’ Country on Wednesday, deputies said.
Marcelino Gomez Gomez was driving a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder on Paris Street West around 9 p.m.
Deputies said his vehicle left the roadway and hit a speed limit sign before colliding with a chain-link fence and the concrete barrier wall of a home in the 6100 block of Yorkshire Road.
Deputies said Gomez’ blood-alcohol level was .233 and .231, almost three times the legal limit.
He was arrested for driving under the influence and no valid driver’s license, according to the report.
- Winter chill brings shock to those visiting Tampa Bay area
- Mexico begins flying, busing migrants back to Honduras
- Highland’s deputies searching for 81-year-old woman last seen on Friday
- Police investigating battery report outside Antonio Brown’s Florida home
- Storm Team 8 Forecast: Near Freezing Temps Tonight