TAMPA (WFLA) — The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office is searching for a man they said threatened a 7-Eleven clerk for money inside the cash register.
The sheriff’s office said a man entered the convenience store on Dale Mabry Highway around 2:40 a.m. Sunday and took a bag of M&M’s to the counter. When the female clerk opened the cash register to take the man’s cash, detectives said the man took out a white object resembling a handgun.
The woman immediately shut the drawer and backed away, and detectives said the man fled the scene on foot without any money.
Police describe the man as 40-45 years old, 5 feet 8 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall, 160-170 pounds. He was last seen wearing a blue shirt, blue gym shorts and a lime green hat.
If you have any information that could help deputies find this man, you’re urged to call 813-247-8200.
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- US citizen kidnapped in Niger rescued in American military operation
- Last day to vote early in these Tampa Bay area counties
- TV news anchor gunned down in Downtown Juarez
- Is Trump or Biden winning? 5 clues from early voting