RUSKIN, Fla. (WFLA) – Hillsborough County sheriff’s deputies put the cuffs on a woman they say left a toddler roaming around a Ruskin Dollar General store alone.
The 27-year-old woman was found passed out in a vehicle in the parking lot of the store off SR-674. A store clerk discovered the 3-year-old inside the store unattended.
The woman was arrested for child neglect, possession of heroin and possession of drug paraphernalia.
No names were released due to child abuse charge. The child was released to the custody of the father.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Thieves in bathing suits target hotel rooms on Clearwater Beach
- Deputies: Man followed teen, exposed himself at Pasco park
- Deputies: Toddler found roaming Ruskin store alone while guardian is passed out in car
- 16-year-old girl accused of hacking Uber driver to death
- Map shows the most misspelled word in each state
- 4 Tampa Bay area attorneys disbarred or had licenses revoked by Florida Supreme Court