BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. (AP) – A South Florida man has been charged with battery after authorities say he lost his temper in a parking lot and dragged a 92-year-old woman from her car.
Palm Beach County Sheriff’s deputies say 48-year-old Craig Shevis approached the victim’s car. The victim said she was parked under an overhang while waiting for an attendant to bring a wheelchair for her husband, who cannot walk. She said she would move the car shortly.
The Palm Beach Post reports Shevis opened the car door and pulled the woman from the vehicle. Authorities said he got back into his car with an older woman and a home health aide and left.
Deputies tracked him to his home using his license plate number and charged him Thursday with battery on a person 65 or older and burglary of an occupied vehicle.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Venice couple overjoyed by man’s random act of kindness
- Float party in St. Pete Beach proceeds, despite protest
- Diploma mistake means California students graduate from ‘shcool’
- Woman redeems 22-year-old Disney Park Hopper pass she never got to use at age 4
- ‘Fixer Upper’ fans are going crazy over Joanna’s announcement
- PHOTOS: Lakeland Police Fallen Heroes Memorial Inaugural 5K Run
- Burger Showdown takes over Curtis Hixon Park
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines