NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) — Deputies say a New Port Richey man killed his girlfriend by stabbing her on her face, neck and body, and then he stabbed himself.
According to an arrest affidavit, the suspect’s mother called 911 around 7:30 p.m. on June 30 and told dispatchers that her son, Dayvon Heath, age 26, had stabbed and killed his girlfriend. She also told dispatchers that her son had told her that he stabbed himself.
Deputies responded to the New Port Richey home that Heath shared with his girlfriend, Felicia Rich age 28.
They say when they arrived, they found Heath holding Rich, who was deceased. Deputies say Rich was covered in blood and had multiple puncture wounds to her face.
Deputies say there was a knife near Heath, who also had a puncture wound on his neck.
Heath was transported to a local hospital and is expected to survive. He was charged with murder in the first degree.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Pinellas child, 3, watches mom shoot man who attacked her and neighbor
- WATCH: Authorities seek help identifying Lakeland porch pirate
- Fourth of July Celebrations, Parades and Fireworks in the Tampa Bay area
- Deputies: Pasco man killed girlfriend by stabbing her in face, neck, body
- Daytona Beach child neglect investigators discover boy who weighed 25 lbs.
- Slingshot ride prank turns Lakeland man into internet sensation
- LIST: New Florida state laws take effect July 1
- Police: Venus Williams at fault in deadly Florida car crash