PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Pasco County man allegedly forced a child to sit on the toilet for five hours while he potty trained him, and spanked the boy with a plastic spoon when he didn’t use the bathroom.
The Pasco County Sheriff’s Office was made aware Wednesday of a possible child abuse incident involving a 4-year-old boy in Port Richey.
According to an affidavit, the boy had bruises all over his buttocks and upper thigh and hip area.
Gregory Carolton Bush, 23, told deputies he made the child sit on the toilet for potty training for five hours.
Bush said he would check on the boy each hour and spanked him with a plastic spoon if he did not use the toilet.
The boy’s mother, Tiffany Lee Seaman, told deputies she left the disciplining to Bush, her live-in boyfriend because she was busy with work. She said she did not notice the boy’s bruises and was not present when the alleged incident took place.
Bush was arrested for child abuse and taken into custody.
Seaman was arrested for child neglect and is being held in the Land O’ Lakes Detention Center.
- Child dies after Christmas parade accident in Tennessee
- Tampa Bay motorcycle group pays tribute to young rider killed following collision with HART bus
- North Port police asking for community’s help in identifying sexual battery suspect
- Florida officer charged with violating women’s civil rights
- Utah tosses thousands of gallons of beer after law change