LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) — Hillsborough County sheriff’s deputies are conducting a death investigation in Lakeland.
Investigators say it appears elderly homeowners on Deeson Road were woken up by an unknown intruder in their home.
The male homeowner shot the intruder, according to detectives, and the intruder died at the scene.
Deputies have identified the man who was killed as 33-year-old Shane DeShane. He also lives on Deeson Road.
Detectives are now conducting interviews and securing a search warrant.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- At least 27 cats found dead in Lutz home
- First-time mom dies days after giving birth
- Missing 6-year-old Lakeland boy with special needs found dead in pond
- 2 more Land O’ Lakes homes condemned after massive sinkhole
- Another controversial video under FWC scrutiny, hammerhead shark shot, killed
- Death of Snooty the manatee being investigated by private, state, federal agencies