FORT MYERS,Fla. (WFLA) — Public works crews got a big surprise when they went to investigate complaints about water backups and foul smells in a Fort Myers neighborhood.
Crews discovered a dead, 11-foot-long alligator in a drain.
The alligator was discovered in the Whisky Creek neighborhood.
A Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission spokesperson said they did not get any calls about the incident. FWC also said alligators do not usually get stuck in storm drains.More News
- Dead woman found wedged in St. Pete window, baby in stroller nearby
- He’s shooting everyone that’s already dead on the floor’ -Orlando shooting victim speaks
- City releases names, ages, of 49 nightclub shooting victims
- How to Help: Donate blood, money
- JetBlue offering free Orlando flights to shooting victims’ family, domestic partners
- Complicated picture emerges of Orlando nightclub shooter
- The Latest: Orlando shooter went to club before, no sign attack was terrorist-directed
- Orlando victims remembered at Lakeland vigil
- President Obama to visit Orlando Thursday
- Thousands attend vigil in Orlando for nightclub shooting victims
- Two young Polk county women among the slain in Orlando
- Former Largo resident among the deceased in Orlando shooting