MELBOURNE, Fla. (WESH) – Trading paint just like in NASCAR, a suspect car and Melbourne police cruiser dueled it out on Central Florida’s Highway 192 on Wednesday.
Police were able to catch up to two armed robbery suspects after they received a detailed description of them from employees of a Verizon Wireless store.
Police said just moments before the chase, the two people robbed the store and tied up employees.
When an officer spotted their small SUV speeding down Interstate 95, a long chase ensued.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON RIGHT NOW:
- Weeki Wachee High senior pranks go too far
- ‘Fixer Upper’ fans are going crazy over Joanna’s announcement
- Founding Beastie Boys member John Berry dies at 52
- Sanford woman charged with illegally giving silicone injections
- >>Back to the homepage for breaking news and the latest headlines