MONROE COUNTY, Ala. (WFLA) – Authorities say an Alabama woman fired into a car and shot a 10-month-old baby in the face. The young girl was taken to the hospital, where she later died.
Fox 10 reports Tamika Stallworth is facing a murder charge after the shooting, which took place on County Road 42, northeast of Monroeville on Christmas Eve.
Police said Stallworth fired at a vehicle and one of the bullets struck Jamaya Austin in the face. The child later died.
Stallworth was arrested for murder and booked into jail, where she is being held on a $750,000 bond.
- 3 dead in Hudson following crash, PCFR says
- Trump name to be removed from Florida condo near Mar-a-Lago following Capitol riots
- Hundreds hoping to adopt dog with spina bifida after it was stood up by potential adopter
- Don’t fall for these mistakes when betting the Super Bowl
- Winner of ‘Worst Cooks in America’ arrested in death of adopted 3-year-old daughter