FAUQUIER COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — The 17-year-old accused of killing his mother and 6-year-old brother on Valentine’s Day, has been arrested, the Fauquier County Sheriff’s Office said.
Levianthan ‘Levi’ Norwood was taken into custody in North Carolina Saturday after store employees called in a shoplifter to police.
Deputies said the 2007 Toyota Camry Norwood was reportedly driving was also recovered when he was arrested.
Authorities said Norwood is wanted for two counts of murder. The teen is also accused of shooting his father.
The Fauquier County Sheriff’s Office said they responded to a shooting Friday night in the 12000 block of Elk Run Road in Midland, Virginia. When they arrived a victim of the shooting told officers his son — Levianthan ‘Levi’ Norwood — had shot his wife and 6-year-old child.
During the search residents in the Elk Run neighborhood were advised to bring any pets inside and secure residences. Authorities also asked them to check their security cameras for any sightings of the teen.
Deputies said ‘Levi’ was considered ‘armed and dangerous.
Anyone with more information, should contact the Fauquier County Sheriff’s Office at 540-347-3300.
- Remembering Challenger, 35 years after space shuttle disaster
- Tampa Mayor Jane Castor announces mask mandate for outdoor Super Bowl events
- ‘Immunity bubbles’? What you shouldn’t do after getting the COVID vaccine
- Michael Strahan tests positive for COVID-19, sources say
- A deer friend: 4-year-old boy brings home an unlikely companion