NOKOMIS, Fla. (WFLA) — The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office arrested a 76-year-old man who allegedly killed his wife in June.
Deputies responded to 517 Rousseau Drive June 20 for the reported death of 74-year-old Judith Richardson. The woman’s husband, John Richardson, reportedly alluded to being involved in her death, but did not offer an explanation.
The sheriff’s office said detectives noticed fresh abrasions and bruising on John Richardson’s arms. Near Judith’s body was a bloody pillowcase and a broken wristwatch belonging to John, deputies said.
The Medical Examiner’s Office determined Judith died from ‘homicidal violence’ after suffering multiple blunt force injuries to her head and upper body.
John Richardson was arrested Monday afternoon and charged with the murder of his wife.
- Trump administration announces federal prison count is lowest in nearly 20 years
- Cigarette starts house fire in Hernando County
- Nuclear testing: ‘Why do we need to start a new arms race?’
- Multi-vehicle crash closes I-275 northbound at Hillsborough Ave.
- Flyers told not to bring, drink own alcohol