GULF SHORES, Ala. (WKRG) — A turtle nest along West Beach in Gulf Shores has been vandalized.
According to the Alabama Coastal Foundation, someone moved the predator screen and dug down into the sand by several inches. Thankfully, the eggs were not disturbed. Data collectors that monitor temperature and water statistics weren’t disturbed. The organization has filed a report with Gulf Shores police. This particular nest is near the 1200 block of West Beach Boulevard.
If you have any information, call the Gulf Shores police department.
- Large crowd gathers at speedway in North Carolina
- Tampa Bay Rays begin voluntary workouts at Tropicana Field
- RUN-CAST REPORT: Rainy and muggy conditions, so keep workout easy
- Bugler stands alone in national cemetery and plays ‘Taps’ for Memorial Day
- Hundreds participate in birthday parade for 1-year-old Walmart shooting survivor