TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA)—Detectives are seeking a “person of interest” in a shooting that left a man dead in Gibsonton Monday evening.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office responded to reports of shots fired at the Murphy USA, 9023 Gibsonton Drive around 10 p.m.
The man was found with a gunshot wound and transported to St. Joseph’s Hospital, where he was pronounced deceased.
The sheriff’s office released surveillance images of a “person of interest” who may be connected to the shooting. The man is believed to be between 20 and 30 years old, and has dark skin and a muscular build. He was wearing a white shirt, light-colored pants and an orange hat.
Those with information about the man can call detectives at at (813) 247-8200.
- Tampa Bay parents concerned after state education leaders send out student performance letters
- Florida coronavirus: Over 1 million COVID-19 vaccinations administered in the state
- WrestleMania 37 coming to Raymond James Stadium in April
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 12,119 new cases; resident deaths surpass 24,000
- State representative, community organizations give out 500 bags of PPE