TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA)—Detectives are seeking a “person of interest” in a shooting that left a man dead in Gibsonton Monday evening.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office responded to reports of shots fired at the Murphy USA, 9023 Gibsonton Drive around 10 p.m.
The man was found with a gunshot wound and transported to St. Joseph’s Hospital, where he was pronounced deceased.
The sheriff’s office released surveillance images of a “person of interest” who may be connected to the shooting. The man is believed to be between 20 and 30 years old, and has dark skin and a muscular build. He was wearing a white shirt, light-colored pants and an orange hat.
Those with information about the man can call detectives at at (813) 247-8200.
- Hundreds of boaters hit the water Saturday in place of Gasparilla parade
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 6,323 new cases, 74 new deaths
- Pair arrested for multiple car thefts, burglaries in Hillsborough County after ramming patrol cars, deputies say
- Selmon Expressway Extension opening on Monday, getting mixed reaction from drivers
- Young Republicans host pirate-themed boat parade to protest Gasparilla’s cancellation