UPDATE: Dec. 17 2:40 p.m. | The girl snatched from a New York City sidewalk in front of her mother Monday night has been found, the New York City Police Department said.
(NBC) – Two men snatched a 16-year-old girl off a New York City sidewalk on Monday night in an apparent kidnapping captured on security cameras, authorities said. She is now the subject of an Amber Alert.
The girl, Karol Sanchez, was with her 36-year-old mom walking on a sidewalk in the Bronx about a mile east of Yankee Stadium at 11:20 p.m. when a beige-colored four-door sedan pulled up, police said.
“Two unknown males exited the vehicle, grabbed the 16-year-old female, and dragged her inside the vehicle while pushing the victim’s mother to the ground,” according to an NYPD statement.
“The vehicle, also occupied by two additional unknown males, then fled east bound,” the police statement said. “The mother, left at the scene, was not injured and refused medical attention.”
- Police find 192 rolls of toilet paper stashed in stolen SUV in Beverly Hills
- Worldwide coronavirus cases top 1 million doubling in just over a week
- 1,000 additional COVID-19 tests available at Raymond James Stadium
- Florida coronavirus: Gov. DeSantis signs executive order superseding local COVID-19 orders
- Coronavirus in US: More than 8,000 Americans have recovered from COVID-19