CLERMONT, Fla. (WESH)—A Lake County woman is believed to have killed her husband and adult son with special needs before killing herself.
The Lake County Sheriff’s Office said they were called to a home at 11238 Avenida Augusta in the Crescent Lake subdivision in Clermont Tuesday after a pool service worker reported smelling a foul odor from the home.
Neighbors told deputies they haven’t seen the residents of the home recently.
Deputies forced their way into the home and discovered three bodies.
Officials said a couple in their 70’s lives in the home with their adult son, who has special needs. They believe those are the three people found dead.
Investigators said preliminary evidence leads them to believe the case is a double murder and suicide.
Deputies said the evidence indicates that the woman who lives in the home killed her husband and son and eventually killed herself.
- Florida police looking for road-raging bikers who beat driver with wrench, helmets
- Florida coronavirus: Over 1 million COVID-19 vaccinations administered in the state
- More backlash for GOP’s Josh Hawley as Loews Hotel cancels Orlando event
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 12,119 new cases; resident deaths surpass 24,000
- Data scientist Rebekah Jones says she’s turning herself in after police issue arrest warrant