PEMBROKE PINES, Fla. (AP) — Police say a 46-year-old South Florida man is accused of showing up at a crash scene involving his son and slamming the other driver to the pavement, resulting in a serious head injury.
Pembroke Pines police say 18-year-old Ray Batten and 65-year-old Raul Umana were involved in a crash Sunday night.
The South Florida SunSentinel reports both drivers contacted police. As officers were investigating, Pablo Batten arrived at the scene, grabbed Umana by the neck and “slammed” him to the ground.
Umana was taken to a hospital for treatment.
Pablo Batten was charged with aggravated battery on a person 65 or older, and resisting arrest without violence. Bond was set at $10,000. A lawyer wasn’t listed on jail records.
- Here’s Trump’s latest path to an election night win
- Tropical Storm Zeta forecast to intensify into hurricane as it enters Gulf
- ‘Outright inconceivable’: Rays rally in bottom of 9th for improbable comeback
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Hot with a few PM showers possible each day this week as Zeta moves into the Gulf
- Brett Phillips, the hometown hero, clutch for Rays in Game 4