NEW YORK — Actor Rick Moranis was punched in the head on Thursday following an unprovoked attack near Central Park on Thursday, according to the NYPD.
Surveillance video shows the attack that happened shortly before 7:30 a.m. on Thursday. The suspect is shown in the upper right corner of the video punching Moranis in the head and walking away.
NYPD officials confirmed to CBS New York the victim in the video is Moranis, who is best known for his roles in “Ghostbusters” and “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.”
Police told the New York Post Moranis was treated at a local hospital for head, back, and hip pain.
The suspect is still at large.
Moranis last appeared on the big screen in the 1997 film “Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves.” During a 2015 interview with The Hollywood Reporter, he said he had not retired but was being picky and was spending more time with family after his wife, Ann, died of breast cancer.
Moranis is set to return to acting for a new sequel in the “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids” series, with Josh Gad expected to play the role of his son.
- Jason Aldean’s ‘Back In The Saddle’ tour coming to Tampa in October
- Prince Harry, Oprah team up for mental health show on Apple TV+
- Prosecutors ask to drop most charges in doctor rape case
- Country superstar Thomas Rhett encourages Tampa Bay kids to #GetOutside
- HBO releases first sneak peek of ‘Friends’ reunion